The start of summer has been disrupted by bouts of heavy rain but these fritters are perfect to enjoy on a warm day.
A quick word on nutritional yeast which is an inactive yeast made from sugarcane and beet molasses.
Yellow in color, it has a nutty, cheesy flavor and is often used to emulate cheese in vegan dishes, thicken sauces and dressings, and act as an additional boost in nutrients because it’s filled with B vitamins!
- 1 large courgette
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tsp fresh grated tumeric
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch of Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 handful plum tomatoes
- Grate the courgette into a glass bowl and mix well with the sea salt. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Heat a tsp of oil and sautée the chickpeas for five minutes.
- Then mash the chickpeas with a potato masher.
- After 10 minutes squeeze the grated courgette to remove the excess water.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Form the mixture into 7-8 1cm thick fritters.
- Heat a large frying pan with coconut oil and fry for 5 minutes each side.
- Serve with wilted spinach, plum tomatoes and delicious veganaise.