A simple kale salad that hits the spot on a summer evening.
I’m trying to use kale more in my cooking as its one of the healthiest plant foods in existence. Nutrient dense with a large portion of the fat in it is an omega-3 fatty acid called alpha linolenic acid.
Full of minerals which are generally lacking from a modern diet including calcium and potassium.
Ingredients For the salad
- 150g kale
- 200g sprouts
- Handful of goji berries
- Two spoonfuls of flax seeds
- Handful of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp date syrup
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Tsp chilli flakes
- Cut out the ribs of the kale leaves. Chop the kale into small, bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle a dash of sea salt over the kale and use your hands to massage the kale by lightly scrunching handfuls of kale in your hands. Release and repeat until the kale becomes darker in color and more fragrant.
- For the date syrup dressing add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk adding water until you have a smooth creamy consistency.
- Chop the sprouts in half and sautée over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Add all the parts to a salad bowl and top with carrot ribbons.